Royal Philips today announced the global availability of wearable technologies and the first in a series of personal health programs that empower consumers to take greater control of their health. The health monitoring devices—a health watch that includes sleep pattern tracking, connected scale, blood pressure monitor, and thermometer—are described by Philips as medical-grade. A fully integrated companion HealthSuite Health App is available at www.philips.com/healthprograms starting today.
Philips’ new products are designed to help those at risk of chronic disease to start measuring, keep monitoring, and stay motivated in creating sustainable behavior change.
Philips’ personal health programs provide personal, tailored support to people taking steps towards healthier habits. Developed with leading medical experts and psychologists, they empower individuals to:
- Start Measuring: accurately track with the range of Philips connected health measurement devices
- Keep Monitoring: view data through an easy-to-use dashboard on the Philips HealthSuite health app
- Stay Motivated: stay in control of their health by tracking progress toward personal goals
The programs are designed for individuals who are at risk of developing chronic, lifestyle related conditions and who are aware of their higher risk status and are active in managing it. Each program comprises connected health measurement devices, an app-based personalized program, and secure, HIPAA-compliant cloud-based data analysis. The medical grade devices include:
- The health watch, which continuously and automatically measures a wide range of health biometrics, including heart rate, activity, and sleep patterns. It helps people seeking to prevent or manage lifestyle-induced chronic conditions by providing accurate and clinically validated measurements, enabling people at risk of disease to track their health on a day-to-day basis and identify how their daily lifestyle is impacting their health. $249.99 (model DL8791/00)
- The upper arm blood pressure monitor and wrist blood pressure monitor, which allow you to measure your systolic and diastolic blood pressure as well as your heart rate. Upper arm: $99.99 (model DL8760/37); Wrist blood pressure monitor: $89.99 (model DL8765/37)
- The body analysis scale, which measures weight, estimates body fat (BIA), and calculates BMI. $99.99 (models DL8780/37 – black and DL3781/37 – white)
- The ear thermometer, which allows you to accurately measure body temperature in two seconds. $59.99 (models DL8740/37)
“Driving meaningful innovation to help improve people’s health and wellbeing is part of our DNA at Philips,” says Jorgen Behrens, business leader, Personal Health Solutions, Philips, in a release. “We have a 100-year heritage in providing healthcare solutions, from oral health to cardiac care. We’re the only company with such extensive healthcare and consumer lifestyle expertise. We combine deep clinical know-how and rich data, consumer insights and advanced technology to craft solutions which help individuals along the whole of their health journey. Our personal health programs have been developed in conjunction with leading doctors, psychologists, and other experts. They will allow individuals to accurately measure vital signs to understand how lifestyle choices affect their body; set goals and monitor their progress, and stay motivated.”
“Our personal health programs are different because they’re built to motivate the user, showing that small steps can lead to big results,” says Mark Aloia, PhD, a behavior change expert with Philips. “Changes don’t need to be radical. In fact, small changes sustained over time are a good way to help us reach our health goals. Measuring and tracking helps us take the small steps needed to improve our lifestyle. Our programs support you personally as you take those steps.”
Philips says the programs represent a new era in connected care for consumers, patients, and health providers, as healthcare continues to move outside the hospital and into our homes and everyday lives. They are built on the Philips HealthSuite digital platform, an open and secure cloud-based platform that collects and analyzes health and other data from multiple devices and sources. The Philips HealthSuite Health App is free and available on iOS and Android starting today. The health devices can be purchased directly from Philips’ website or via Amazon.