USA Today reports that Casper, the mattress company, is now offering a toll-free hotline for those who can’t sleep (and who might want to purchase a new mattress.)
“We wanted to catch people during overnight hours with hypnotic and surreal creative, so it was produced in a way that fit right in with the offbeat commercials of 3 a.m.,” Kaplan said.
Those curious enough to call the hotline are greeted by a British man who asks callers to select one of nine options, or to stay on the line to speak with a mattress sales representative.
Callers can do the following:
- Press 1 to hear the sounds of the ocean.
- Press 2 to hear wind chimes blowing in the wind.
- Press 3 to travel back in time to the 1990s.
- Press 4 to undergo hypnosis.
- Press 5 for a motivational speech.
- Press 6 for a grandma who misses you.
- Press 7 to learn the history of the cocktail wiener.
- Press 8 to hear Jaleel White who played Steve Urkel on Family Matters sing you a lullaby.
- Press 9 to merge into the conference call with the marketing team who came up with this idea.
None of those options sound good? You can always stay on the line with John, who isn’t sure why you aren’t sleeping.
Read more at www.usatoday.com