ResMed has launched the Quattro Air full face mask, a new mask for use with positive airway pressure therapy. Introduced at SLEEP 2013, the product began shipment June 7.
Weighing in at just 3.3 ounces, the Quattro Air is 45% lighter than its predecessor, the Mirage Quattro mask. The Quattro Air comes in three sizes for women and three sizes for men, is latex-free, and consists of four pieces to disassemble for cleaning and maintenance.
The Quattro Air mask includes the following features:
• Enhanced dual-wall Spring Air cushion, delivering comfort at the nasal bridge area and proprietary scalloped cut-out at the chin for a high-performance seal,
• Flex-wing forehead support for easy adjustments and stability, eliminating the need for forehead pads,
• SoftEdge headgear, a rolled-edge fabric that improves comfort and reduces facial marks, available in two colors,
• Circular diffuse vent that directs air away from the patient and bed partner, and
• A one-piece elbow, swivel, and anti-asphyxia valve with squeeze-tabs to make attaching and detaching the mask from the tube easy.
“For some patients, a full face mask is their only option, but the size and weight of the mask can be intimidating,” said Jon Yerbury, ResMed’s vice president, sleep-disordered breathing. “ResMed’s Quattro Air mask is proof that a patient can have the benefit of therapy with a full face mask without the burden of a heavy, bulky mask.”