Inspired by a stylish sister with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) who carried around her BiPAP device in a Lord & Taylor shopping bag, inventor Hindy Ginsberg wanted to create designer bags for medical equipment.
So “Spoonful of Sugar” was born. “We know that it’s difficult to get patients to use the CPAPs that they have been prescribed and we hope that using a Spoonful of Sugar bag that is both stylish and convenient will make the experience just a little easier,” Ginsberg says.
The Spoonful of Sugar CPAP bags are $169 each and include the following features:
- padded lining in the machine compartment
- individual compartments for each part of the machine
- adjustable compartments for machines of every size
- removable divider for the BIPAP/CPAP compartment
- pocket for manual and other important papers
- pockets for filters and other small items
- zipper closure
- detachable shoulder strap
- detachable wheelchair straps
- exterior phone pocket
- spacious purse section with 3 internal pockets
Pictured is The Marilyn Duo Bag.