The biannual Innovative HME Retail Product Awards, sponsored by HomeCare Magazine, are down to the top 10. The awards honor home medical equipment (HME) products that are particularly suited for retail sale. The purpose of the competition is to promote and recognize products that contribute to providers’ bottom lines though cash sales.
The 10 finalists were just announced and include two sleep medicine products.
- RemZzzs CPAP Mask Liners, which act as a barrier between the skin on the patient’s face and the silicone of the mask’s cushion. According to RemZzzs, the liners can: promote healing of suspected deep tissue injury, stage 1 and 2 pressure sores, with intact skin; greatly reduce or eliminate noisy and annoying air leaks; prevent skin irritations and ugly pressure marks; help absorb facial moisture and oils; assist with comfortably holding the mask in place; and allow for the use of bedtime facial products.
- SleepSaver from Stevenson Inc, which is a mouth-securing device for open mouth breathers who use CPAP. The SleepSaver utilizes an upper and lower boil and bite mouthpiece that is easily made in the patient’s home. Its “slip-fit” design allows for slight forward and lateral movement of the jaw, greatly improving sleep comfort without losing the necessary closed mouth seal, the company says.
The other finalists are:
- Titan Swivel Chair from ComforTek Seating
- PainAway Wireless TENS from Drive Medical
- Golden Cloud PR510 Power Lift and Recline Chair from Golden Technologies
- OrthoSleeve from ING Services
- Foot Gym from ING Services
- iWALK 2.0 Hands Free Crutch from iWALK Free
- LC-358 Lift Chair with FirstUp Technology from Pride Mobility
- Viverity Pain Relief Pad from Roscoe Medical
- Breezy Elegance Retail Wheelchair from Sunrise Medical
These finalists advance to an on-site (at Medtrade Spring) judging round and will be presented in a conference session, The Best New Retail/Cash Opportunities on Tuesday, March 31, at 1:30 PM. Subsequent voting will determine the top three winners.