TotalCare eHealth has completed the development of it’s Sleep Apnea Continuum of Care Program and launched its first primary care pilot location. The program improves the efficiency and effectiveness of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) screening, diagnosis, and therapy for patients and their healthcare providers. TotalCare provides a single, digitally-connected patient experience throughout the complete continuum of care. The TotalCare eHealth platform combines outcomes-based patient management protocols and a proprietary eHealth operating system to increase patient engagement, improve outcomes, and reduce cost.
“We’re very excited to launch our OSA continuum program in our first primary care pilot location, South Pointe Clinics in Lafayette, Colorado” says Doug Hudiburg, CEO of TotalCare eHealth, a Broomfield Colorado startup technology company, in a release. “We’ve always known that the key to effective sleep apnea management is at the primary point of care, and we are thrilled to have an enthusiastic partner in this pilot. South Pointe understands the importance of reaching the un-diagnosed sleep apnea population within their current patient population and within their community in general.”
“As a new owner of a community primary care clinic, as well as a practitioner, I know that 30% or more of my adult patients are likely to suffer from sleep apnea. With the TotalCare program we can screen every adult patient, manage consultations and evaluations efficiently, provide quick access to low-cost home sleep testing, and easily prescribe the appropriate therapy for patients who test positive for sleep apnea,” says John Hundley, PA-C, owner of South Pointe Clinics.
The goals of the TotalCare Sleep Apnea Continuum of Care program are the following:
- Digitally-connect patient, physician, diagnostics provider, and sleep apnea therapy provider under one HIPAA, HI-TECH, and MARS-E compliant continuum of care
- Improve key outcomes: hospital re-admissions, patient satisfaction, physician & provider ratings, profit per patient, and others
- Reduce “net cost” and “time to therapy” for patients with OSA
- Improve OSA continuum of care and maximize patient adherence to therapy
- Collect usage and outcomes data and provide summary and detail reporting
- Ensure effective follow-up, patient communications, and support with participating providers