SWAN Sleep Solutions, which partners with companies to roll out employee sleep initiatives, recently collected data from five US corporations in diverse sectors. In its white paper “Sleep in American Business,” it reports that there are significant areas for improvement in both sleep quality and sleep duration among American employees.
Some of the survey findings include:
- Over half of employees have difficulty falling or staying asleep and almost half snore.
- More than one in three employees grind their teeth at night.
- More than one in 10 have restless legs at night.
- Over 50% wake up and start the day feeling tired.
- The average worker accumulates more than 24 hours of sleep debt per month.